All for Joomla All for Webmasters

Frequently Asked Legal Questions

My wife and I are separated, how do I travel with the kids without getting in trouble?

Arrange for a legally enforceable written agreement which permits travel with the children. This will assist if any child abduction allegations arise down the track. We can draft such an agreement for you

I elected to have my fine heard in court and I have received a criminal summons brief, I am mentioned as the accused. I am not a criminal. What should I do?

We know you are not a criminal and you should contact our office to discuss how to best handle your court case to ensure a criminal conviction is prevented.

My Visa is about to expire, can I extend it or apply for another Visa so I can stay in Australia?

Yes, you may be able to extend your stay in Australia. Please contact one of our migration lawyers. Thank you.

My insurance claim was rejected, is there any avenue to escalate the matter other than going to court?

Yes, the matter can be taken to the ombudsman. We can prepare a comprehensive application on your behalf and liaise and prepare evidence to submit to the ombudsman to assist them in making a decision about your dispute.

I have received a legal letter and I do not know what my options are. Can you guide me

Yes. In an initial consultation, we will review your matter and provide you with legal advice as to your options. Thereafter you can decide to pursue the legal matter on your own or instruct our legal team to represent you and take care of your matter from start to end.

I heard I can lodge my partner's visa on my own, what difference does it make if you lodge the application for me?

As experts in migration, we can ensure your partner’s visa arrives faster. Alongside saving you time and effort, we know the expectations of the Immigration Department and prepare your application in the best possible way. We go above and beyond in terms of providing good evidence and minimize any requests for further information which causes further delays. We provide you with advice on how to tackle interviews and how to best interact with the government body.

I have a dispute with my employee, the matter is at FairWork. How do I conclude this matter without tarnishing my business reputation?

With expert mediation skills, we have a 100% success rate with providing employers with satisfactory outcomes. By amicably concluding the matter at FairWork, we ensure both parties are content and there is no room for damage of reputation.

I have been served with an interim intervention order and my next court date is in a few weeks. I do not want to have this order, can it be cancelled?

Yes. You are entitled to resist the intervention order (IVO) application and while the interim is in place temporarily, there is no guarantee the other party will be successful at the final hearing. We can assess your prospects of success and advise you on your best course of action. Accepting an IVO (even without admitting to the allegations) comes with the responsibility of not breaching. If the person who is protected by the order makes an alleged breach (either real or fake), there are high chances you will be charged with a criminal offence. We advise extreme caution be taken when accepting IVOs.

Is it really important to make a Will? My family knows what my wishes are.

If a person dies without a Will, a government department will need to intervene and divide assets according to the law. This service is costly and timely, often creating barriers and difficulties for loved ones to wrap up affairs of the deceased. We can draft your will in a legally complaint manner in as low as a few hundred dollars.

I want to protect my company logo, can you copyright/trademark it for me?

We can copyright your application with supporting evidence and ensure your goodwill is protected.